With the sad news earlier this week of the sudden passing of our scorer Keith Hope, we have been asked by the family to share the funeral arrangements with the Bison family.

The funeral will be held at Basingstoke crematorium on Thursday 1st August 2019 at 9.30am which will be an opportunity for us all to take part in a celebration of Keith’s life.

The family...
Basingstoke Bison - EPL Champions
8th of October 2018

GAME REPORT: Telford Tigers V's Bison Sunday 7th October 2018

UPCOMING HOME GAMES: Tickets are NOW on sale for our home games versus Peterborough Phantoms on 13th October and MK Thunder on 20th October. Tickets can be purchased TODAY online here , by calling 01256 355266 or direct from the Arena box office.

Final Score: Tigers 4 Bison 3

By Nigel Simmonds

MOM: Tigers Clarkson & Bison Weller-Evans

Ref: Mr Hamilton
Lino’s: Mrs Hamilton & Edwards

Tigers Stats: Clarkson 2+0, McKinney 1+0, Weaver 1+0, Mitchell 0+1, Plant 0+1, Silverthorn 0+1, Taylor 0+1.

Nets: Bell 32/3 (90.63%)

Bison Stats: Bordowski 1+1, Sampford 1+0, Wilson 1+0, Cowley 0+2, Ingoldsby 0+1, King 0+1

Nets: Weller-Evans 31/4 (87.10%)

PIMs: Tigers 24 Bison 39

So, after Phantoms victory last night, this game was actually a "dead rubber', as it were.......

After really impressing on Saturday evening, Dan got the start between the pipes again & Dennis Bell was the starter for Tigers. BISON still missing the injured Chris Cooke & the quartet of young Brits (Buckle, Evans, Brooks & McCormick)

All the hype was about one person tonight......Doug Clarkson's first home game back & boy, didn't they let us know it ..... way too OTT !!

Bison were looking to continue their improving performances as a team.

After a pretty defensive start, Telford were first to light the lamp. Mitchell found himself in behind the Bison defence, with only Dan to beat, but fortunately a slightly mishandled play, saw the puck and player end up behind the net, but a quick thinking pass back towards the danger area, found Clarkson all alone and with a snapshot, the puck was behind Dan and Tigers led 1-0, timed at 5.20. But a minute later, Bison were level. Russ Cowley won a face-off in the Tigers zone and Richard Bordowski let rip with a shot, that appeared to beat Bell, in off his stick.

At 9.01 Warren Tait, was assessed a Hooking call, so Bison had an early PP. Unfortunately, they couldn't find the net and the penalty expired. Then it was Rick Plant's turn to visit the penalty box, with a Late Hit call. Again Bison tried to make the extra man count, but Tigers killed that one off too.

With 15.50 on the clock, Michal Klejna skated in, but was being hooked. He went down, but honestly, rather embellished the fall, so a Diving call was awarded. Klejna did plead his innocence, but his protestations fell on deaf ears. This powerplay was also unsuccessful. Telford’s PP unit not beating Dan, who was impressing again. The final minute came & went and like Saturday, it finished one apiece at the first break.

The 2nd Period started pretty much like the first. Both teams testing each other’s netminders, but nothing doing. But at 25.26 a nice move saw Danny Ingoldsby, place a beauty of a pass through to Hallam and he finished expertly past Bell for a 2-1 Bison lead. Jay King also getting an assist on that goal.

Tommy Ralph took an Interference call at 26.58, but attack after attack, was thwarted by Bison penalty killers.

Tigers Jordan Stokes was called for Interference at 30.23 and again Bison's most productive line of Cowley, Sampford & Bordowski combined to stretch Bison's lead to two. Alex Sampford beating Bell over the shoulder and scoring top shelf.

As I said before, Dan was impressing again between the pipes. He made a worldie of a save denying Silverthorn in close. Silverthorn skated in, picked his spot and let fly with a wrister. Dan just nonchalantly gloved the puck and it brought applause from both sets of fans.

Alex Sampford then took a Tripping call at 33.42 but Bison saw off the penalty and returned to full strength.

Nicholas Oliver got a Kneeing call at 37.21 within 30 secs, it got a lot worse for Tigers. McKinney got a Roughing call, which didn't seem to sit well with Clarkson. He fired the puck down the ice, Mr Hamilton warned him to keep quiet, but he just ignored him and backchatted the ref, so a touch of the hips and he talked himself into a 10min Misconduct penalty. Bison had over a minute of a two-man advantage, but Bell was having a better evening, denying our efforts on goal. Just before the buzzer to signal the end of the period, Tigers returned to full strength. At the 2nd break, Bison were going into the 3rd period with a slender lead.

Early into the 3rd period, and in my opinion, the point of where the game changed. Bison import Klejna was given a Spearing penalty and sent to the dressing room. Now this is the second time he has been called for it. I did not actually see the offence, as it was down the far end of the rink, so made it very difficult to comment whether he did or did not do it. Very much like last time, Michal appeared shocked, when the official signalled the offence. Bison managed to kill the first 2 mins of the 5 min major.

Then Hazeldine & Liam Morris became involved with each other, after the play had stopped. Hazeldine, wearing a faceguard, threw a punch at Liam and that provoked a response, a bit like poking a wasp’s nest with a stick. Both players receiving 2+2 Roughing calls, at 46.24.

Now, my calculations make that Bison with just over 3 mins of penalty to kill off. Tigers only needed one minute. Andy McKinney beating Dan with a lovely wrist shot, in off the underside of the bar. Goal was timed at 47.10, which meant there was still 12 mins for Bison to survive a one goal advantage. Clarkson's Misconduct finished with 11.20 on the clock....... could the guys hang on?

Bison returned to full strength soon after, but within seconds, ex-Tiger Adam Jones was given a slightly harsh Hooking call. Time on the call...49.16. Bison killed Jones's penalty. We were now into the final 9mins of the game. 8 mins, 7 mins, 6 mins, 5 mins, then down to 4 mins.

Jonathan Weaver then flukily, drew the scores level. He intercepted a cross ice pass and skated in on Dan. A penalty against Bison was forthcoming, but uncharacteristically, Weaver lost control of the puck and whether Dan took his eye of it or was expecting a shot, the puck somehow managing to squeeze through Dan and agonizingly over the line to tie it up at 56.23. It was almost becoming 'that time' I affectionately know as .... S.B.T (Squeaky B*m Time !!).

The 2min final warning was announced and Tigers made a change, that man Clarkson came out, and I said to a couple of travelling Bison fans, "it's just set up for him to get the winner". Adam Taylor brought the puck up ice, dipsy doodled past a couple of Bison players, Clarkson was now on Left Wing.... Taylor slid the pass to him and ........ Bang...... The puck flew past Dan and the place erupted. He'd broken our resolve. It was like a script had been written especially for him.

Never mind, on to the next one and a return to league action, with Peterborough visiting Basingstoke next Sat.