The Trane sponsored Basingstoke Bison would like to thank the fans of the Herd for their continued great support of the ever popular Jersey "Own & Loan" scheme.

Out of the 75 jerseys available for the forthcoming season, we only have the following the jerseys available to own & loan:

Light Jersey

Bayley Harewood (P)
Sam Brooks...
Basingstoke Bison - EPL Champions
5th of November 2018

GAME REPORT: Peterborough Phantoms v's Bison Sunday 4th November

Final Score Peterborough Phantoms 3-1 Trane sponsored Basingstoke Bison .

By Nigel Simmonds

MoM : Phantoms - Padelek & Bison - Bordowski

Ref: Hewitt
Lino’s: Edwards & Kowal

Phantoms Stats:
Norton 1+1, Pollard 1+0, Stepanek 1+0, Padelek 0+2, Billing 0+1, Weldon 0+1.

Nets : Marr 25/1 (96.00%)

Bison Stats :
Klejna 1+0, Norcliffe 0+1, Tait 0+1.

Nets : Mettam 29/3 (89.66%)

PIMs : Phantoms 28 Bison 8

Always a tough place to come to get a result. Could Bison follow up their OT win last night, with a road victory .....

Straight from the first puck drop, Phantoms were on the attack, creating an early chance, when Nathan Pollard forced a good glove save from Mettam. But Bison weren't going to let Phantoms have it all their own way, when Klejna setting up Tait, but Ash fired wide. From that missed shot, Phantoms brought the puck up ice and Mettam had to make a sprawling save to freeze the puck. Chris Cooke took the first penalty of the game, when he was called for High-Sticks at 4.58. Phantoms Powerplay unit came out, but it was Bison that almost took the lead, when Russ Cowley rung the puck off the post.

Bison saw out the penalty, but Phantoms would take the lead, when Ales Padelek & Martins Susters set up Tom Norton, whose point slap-shot beat a screened Alex Mettam over his shoulder. Goal timed at 6.58.

Bison would get a chance pretty much straight away to tie the scores, when Bradley Bowering was called for Tripping at 8.49. Michal Klejna came closest to scoring, but his shot was saved by Jordan Marr and Phantoms returned to full strength.

At 13.30 a poor hit by James Ferrara from behind on Chris Cooke, left the Bison man crumpled in a heap. Danny Ingoldsby raced to his team-mates aid, dragging Ferrara away and a couple of punches were thrown. Ferrara received 2+10 for Boarding, whilst Ingoldsby got a 2 min minor for Roughing. With both teams playing with 4 skaters, neither team could make the extra room pay off and they both returned to full strength.

Mettam pulled off another great double save, when a Petr Stepanek shot was parried, but Corey McEwan followed up and his shot was goalbound, until Alex dived across the goal and somehow blocked the shot before it crossed the line.

At end of 1st Period, Phantoms 1 Bison 0.

Phantoms doubled their lead early in the 2nd period. Timed at 24.43, Stepanek shot the puck top shelf, after receiving the pass from Weldon. Jay King got a Hooking call at 25.03, but again Bison managed to kill off the penalty.

A good pass from Ashley Tait, found Klejna with time to pick his spot, he fired the puck low & hard, but it went agonizingly just inches wide. Then a poor line change almost cost Phantoms, when Bordowski found Sampford and he skated in, but the shot he got off was weak. Chris Cooke found himself in penalty trouble again at 30.09, when he got called for Holding, but it was a very poor call by Hewitt.

Phantoms extended their lead at 32.54, in somewhat controversial fashion. Nathan Pollard shot the puck from the left wing and it ended up behind Mettam. The light went on and Phantoms players celebrated. It appeared to go in short side. Hewitt awarded the goal, but Alex & some of the guys weren't happy. They were checking the side of the net and suggesting to the linesmen that the puck had squeezed in under the goal frame. Hewitt had a brief discussion with the goal judge, but he confirmed that it had gone in normally and that was that. Callum Buglass was given a Slashing call at 35.47, but Bison could still not find a way past Marr.
The period ended, Phantoms 3 Bison 0.

The 3rd period was pretty uneventful to be honest. Both teams trying to create chances, but neither team really making the most of them.

Then another bad hit by a Phantoms player, timed at 46.54. Scott Robson collecting 2+10 for Boarding, when he drilled Bordowski into the boards from behind. I thought player safety was supposed to be high on the official’s agenda, but both hits tonight were very reckless and we were lucky, neither Chris or Richard were seriously injured.

There was one more worrying moment, when Mettam took a rocket of a shot from Stepanek fully to the chest. You could immediately tell he was in a little trouble, as he was left bent double in his crease. Hewitt did eventually stop the play, so that Alex could get some attention, from the Phantoms physio. I can only imagine he was completely winded, but after a few minutes, he appeared OK to carry on.

With the final 2 minutes being announced, it was looking very unlikely that we would score, but at 58.24, Marr's shut-out ended. It was a mistake by the netminder that cost him. He didn't properly deal with a shot in from Norcliffe, the puck popped lose, Marr dived forward to smother it, but missed the puck and Klejna was on hand to spin and fire the puck over a stranded Marr. Tait also awarded an assist on the goal. This prompted Bison to call a Time Out.

Into the last minute and Bison had the puck in the Phantoms zone. Mettam was pulled for the extra attacker, but we couldn't find the net. Play stopped with just under 30 secs to go and Phantoms took their Time Out. The remaining few seconds run down and the buzzer sounded.

Final Score ended 3-1 to Phantoms.

Not the result we wanted, but can't fault the guys effort out there.