Slovakian overseas player Michal Klejna returns for a second season in the Herd uniform as exclusively revealed earlier today in the Basingstoke Gazette.

Klejna completes the Trane sponsored Basingstoke Bison overseas roster for the 2019 / 20 season and will once again ice alongside Richard Bordowski as our two overseas players.

31 year old, 6’1” tall Michal...
Basingstoke Bison - EPL Champions
9th of December 2018

GAME REPORT: Bison V's Streatham Saturday 8th December 2018

Final Score: Trane Basingstoke Bison 5 Streatham 1

By Nigel Simmonds

Ref : Belfitt

Lino's : Elliasson & Sitch-Cunningham

MoM Bison : Klejna

MoM Streatham : Roberts

Bison Stats : Klejna 2+2, Jones 1+1, Bordowski 1+0, Ralph 1+0, Cowley 0+2, Tait 0+2, Norcliffe 0+1, Sampford 0+1.

Nets : Mettam 19/1 (94.74%)

Streatham Stats : Wood 1+0, Roberts 0+1, Russell 0+1.

Nets : King 35/3 (85.71%)

It was a very fast start from Streatham, creating a couple of chances within the first couple of minutes. Both Adam Carr & Alex Roberts getting shots off, but both chances would be wide of the net. Bison's Adam Jones took the first penalty of the night, with an Interference call at 5.16. Streatham didn't create much and Bison returned to full strength. Alex Mettam was called into action again, when Ryan Webb had a really good scoring chance, but Alex would save it well.

Bison started to get into the game and created a couple of good chances. Richard Bordowski, using his size & speed to get past the Streatham defence, before cutting in on goal, trying to go 5-hole on King, but King just managed to close the door to deny him. Bison Captain Russ Cowley, who worked tirelessly all evening, managed to find Jones on the point and his shot was gloved down by King.

Then Bison almost took the lead with Paul Petts getting a tip on Chris Cooke's shot, but it rolled agonizingly just wide of the far post, it was so close. Bordowski had another great chance, when he collected a Cowley pass and drove into the Streatham zone, but his shot clanged off the post.

Streatham then took the lead, with an unassisted goal by Adam Wood (17.35), when his shot beat Mettam.

Streatham's Michael Farn took exception to Petts minimal contact with Euan King after the whistle. Both players received minor Roughing calls, but Belfitt handed Petts an extra 2mins for Cross Checking (18.31). But 10secs after the restart, Streatham's Rupert Quiney would receive a Tripping call. Bison would get another chance on the powerplay, but couldn't create much, so the period ended 1-0 to the visitors.

The puck dropped for the 2nd period and just after the Streatham had returned to 4 skaters, Bison levelled the scoreline with a powerplay goal. Timed at 20.36, MoM Michal Klejna, smashed home emphatically from Ashley Tait's pass.

Bison were really taking it to Streatham. Another chance for Sampford was quickly followed by a great chance for George Norcliffe. Danny Ingoldsby doing all the donkey work to create the opportunity, but King nonchalantly gloved it. At 22.55, Ziggly Beesley was called for Tripping but Streatham would see off the penalty, then 5 secs after returning to full strength, Bison would double their lead through Adam Jones, when he collected the puck on the point, drove in a little, created a space and wristed a great shot top shelf, over Kings glove hand. Klejna & Norcliffe collecting the assists on the goal (25.00).

Streatham’s Adam Wood would revisit the penalty box at 26.35, with a Tripping call, but they would again kill off the penalty.

Bison Player/Coach Ashley Tait, would be next for the naughty step, when he was assessed a Slashing call at 32.11 and Bison almost scored shorthanded, when that man Richard Bordowski, raced through but King denied him again.

Bison's 3rd line of Ingoldsby, Wilson & Norcliffe were causing Streatham's defence no end of restlessness all evening and thoroughly deserved a goal for their efforts, with Norcliffe being the pick of the trio, with his constant hassling & pressing. Cracking little player!

Into the final moments of the period and Mettam was called upon again, making big saves from Jamieson, and then Siagris quickly after. The period ended with Bison turning the scoreline around to read 2-1.

The puck dropped for the 3rd period and Streatham would find themselves in penalty trouble early on. Alex Roberts called for Hooking at 41.18. Bison's PP came out and set about extending their lead further. They were mounting major pressure on the visitor’s net, with Streatham unable to clear their zone, the chances just kept coming and at 42.50, Tommy Ralph made all that pressure pay off, when his wrister beat King between the pads. Russ Cowley & Alex Sampford getting credited with assists.

Streatham seemed beaten and didn't really create much after. It's almost like they'd conceded defeat and rolled over. But Bison weren't going to stop and take it easy on them. They wanted more goals and that showed every shift the Bison guys went out there. And at 48.11, all the hard work was rewarded. Another great move from Bison's top line of Bordowski, Cowley & Sampford. These guys play so well together & they're a joy to watch in full swing. Cowley setting up Sampford, whose shot was saved by King, but Bordowski followed up and buried the puck, past the exacerbated nettie for a 4-1 scoreline.

Bison youngster Oscar Evans, given a fair few shifts, was next to fall foul off the ref’s mind-blowing decisions. He was assessed a Charging call & a further minor for Roughing, but no call was called on a Streatham player, go figure!

But it didn't matter, as Streatham pressed high to try and get themselves back in the game with the extra man, they committed the ultimate faux-pas. Adam Jones released a pass through to Klejna, who was a good 15/20 feet alone in front of their defence. He skated away up ice and slotted home coolly past King, for a short-handed goal, timed at 50.12.

Soon after, Adam Jones joined Evans in the box with a Slashing call. Streatham had a two-man advantage for a good minute. Straight from the face off, Bison were awarded another penalty, when they received a Bench Minor for a Face-Off violation. Now the visitors had a good amount of time to get a goal back, especially with the extra bodies out there. They tried, but Mettam turned away every shot he faced and the Bison penalty killers, worked tirelessly to clear the zone at every opportunity.

Just as it seemed we'd would return to 4 skaters; Jay King fired the puck over the glass and received a Delay of Game penalty at 53.11. This caused Streatham to use their Time Out just to refocus their efforts. It certainly helped Bison too, giving their penalty killers, a well-deserved breather too. Streatham just couldn't break down our defence and after a few minutes, Bison returned to full strength, with major approval of the home supporters, whooping & hollering in delight.

The final 2 minutes came and went & Bison had fully deserved the victory, with a resounding 5-1 victory.

It was a very good TEAM performance by the guys & hopefully, they can get maximum points on the road on Sunday, when the Bison travel to Gillingham to face Invicta Dynamos & help us continue to keep the pressure on those teams we're catching above.