Slovakian overseas player Michal Klejna returns for a second season in the Herd uniform as exclusively revealed earlier today in the Basingstoke Gazette.

Klejna completes the Trane sponsored Basingstoke Bison overseas roster for the 2019 / 20 season and will once again ice alongside Richard Bordowski as our two overseas players.

31 year old, 6’1” tall Michal...
Basingstoke Bison - EPL Champions
17th of December 2018

GAME REPORT: Streatham v's Bison Sunday 16th December

Final Score: Streatham RedHawks 1 Trane Basingstoke Bison 6

By Nigel Simmonds

Ref: Brooks
Lino’s: Ormond & Sitch-Cunningham

MoM Streatham: Wood
MoM Bison: Norcliffe

Streatham Stats: Bailey 1+0, Farn 0+1, Wood 0+1

Nets: King 30/5 Empty Net 1/1

Bison Stats: Norcliffe 2+0, Ralph 1+1, Bordowski 1+0, Jones 1+0, Klejna 1+0, Cowley 0+2, Tait 0+2, Cooke, 0+1, Ingoldsby 0+1, Petts 0+1, Wilson 0+1

Nets: Mettam 28/1

After last night’s absolutely thrilling comeback & Shoot Out victory over league leaders Peterborough Phantoms, the Bison made the shortish journey to SW London, to face the Streatham RedHawks.

The puck dropped to start the game and it was Bison that made the brighter start. Alex Sampford with an early chance, after a good feed by Richard Bordowski, but Damien King saved it.

Streatham would take the first penalty, when James Warman was called for Tripping at 9.10. Bison would only need 10secs to open their account. Russ Cowley picking up the puck behind the net, picked out an on-rushing Tommy Ralph and he buried the puck past King, to score on the powerplay.

Both teams created a few chances, but no other goals were scored and the period ended 1-nil to the visitors.

Into the 2nd period and the Bison had a great early chance to extend their lead. Richard Bordowski broke up ice, with Alex Sampford joining him on the left wing. Bordowski managed to get to the puck and slide it across to Sampford, with only King to beat. He deked, went to go top shelf, but hit it too high, over the net and the chance had gone.

Adam Jones was assessed a Cross-Check penalty, but it was nothing more than a soft push at worst, but Mr Brooks was suckered into calling it. From the resulting penalty, Bison's Alex Mettam would be called upon to make a couple of really good saves.

Tommy Ralph then accidently fired the puck over the plexi, to receive a Delay of Game penalty at 25.08. This gave Streatham 1.09 with the 2-man advantage. Mettam was tested again, making big saves from Farn & Jamieson. Then he made another superb glove save from Farn, which was worth the admission feed alone.

Bison player/Coach Ashley Tait took advantage of Michael Farn's slip up and he skated away, with Farn in hot pursuit. After a lung-bursting skate up ice, Ash still managed to get a shot away, but King turned it away.

Bison managed to see off both penalties and they soon returned to full strength. Bison kept pressing and at 28.54, they would be rewarded. Wilson & Ingoldsby set up George Norcliffe and with a quick wrister, he fired past King, to double Bison's lead.

Streatham's James Warman had another trip to the penalty box at 34.23, when he was given a 2 + 10 for Boarding. Bison created a couple of chances, but King denied them and they returned to full strength. That was all the action for the 2nd period and Bison led 2-0 at 40mins.

The 3rd period didn't start the best way for Bison. Streatham got the jump on us and Scott Bailey netted just 25secs into the period, assisted by Farn & Wood. It was pretty plain sailing up ‘til then, but that goal just jangled the nerves a little. Still a long way to go yet though, but Streatham had the impetus now.

Then Adam Jones was called for Cross-Checking at 41.26, again like his previous call, it was no more than a push, but Brooks chose otherwise. Streatham were on an away charge, but that was pretty much quashed, when Bison won a face-off in RedHawks zone. Russ Cowley flipped the puck back & Bordowski, had time to pick his spot and fire low & hard past King, for a short-handed goal at 42.09. That eased the nerves of the travelling Bison fans. The guys were really playing some great hockey, making good opportunities. Tait set up Klejna, but again King thwarted him.

Then another powerplay chance for Bison. Roberts assessed a Late Hit call at 48.37, but it would be seen off by Streatham. Then at 52.19 Brooks would call RedHawks import Andreas Siagras for Unsportsmanlike (Diving), but again, Bison wouldn't take advantage of the extra man on the ice. It didn't really matter though, at 56.08, Michal Klejna would seal the game, when he scored Bison's 4th goal, assisted by Tait & Petts.

Just after the restart, Elliott Dewey was called for Holding the Stick.

Streatham called a Time Out and their coach Jeremy Cornish decided to go for it. With 3.13 left on the clock he pulled King in favour of the extra man on the ice. It was all or nothing. 6-on-4, but Bison had the luxury of having a go for the empty net without fear of an icing call, because of the penalty.

Bordowski was the first to have a go, he fired the puck from inside our zone, but it was wide of the goal. No matter though, next attempt wouldn’t miss. Adam Jones fired the puck up the ice and it went straight in. A Shorthanded empty net goal, timed at 57.57, assists going to Cooke & Tait.

But we weren't done there, King returned to the net, but he was beaten by Bison's 'Man of the Match' George Norcliffe again, goal timed at 58.27, assisted by Ralph.

That was all she wrote and when the final buzzer sounded, it was a resounding 6-1 victory for the Bison.