Slovakian overseas player Michal Klejna returns for a second season in the Herd uniform as exclusively revealed earlier today in the Basingstoke Gazette.

Klejna completes the Trane sponsored Basingstoke Bison overseas roster for the 2019 / 20 season and will once again ice alongside Richard Bordowski as our two overseas players.

31 year old, 6’1” tall Michal...
Basingstoke Bison - EPL Champions
23rd of December 2018

GAME REPORT: Bison V's Invicta Dynamos Saturday 22nd December

Final Score: Bison 5 Dynamos 3

By Nigel Simmonds

Ref: Brooks
Lino’s: Edwards & West

MoM Bison: Klejna
MoM Dynamos: Dell

Bison Stats: Klejna 2+0, Bordowski 1+0, Norcliffe 1+0, Petts 1+0, Evans 0+2, Tait 0+2, Jones 0+1, Ralph 0+1, Sampford 0+1.

Nets: Weller-Evans 16/3 (81.25%)

Dynamos Stats: Dell 2+0, Miles 1+0, English 0+1, Leone 0+1, Stedman 0+1, Zosiak 0+1.
Nets: Morris 48/5 (89.58%)

PIMs: Bison 12 Dynamos 6

In our last match before the Christmas break, your Trane Basingstoke Bison, welcomed the Invicta Dynamos to our humble little rink. It was also, the Annual "Air the Bear" evening, with all the donated teddies, going to our friends at Naomi House.

It would be Invicta that got the best start, when at 2.37 a shot from Jake Stedman slid through the crease, but Owen Dell was waiting at the back post to put in.

Things didn't get much better for the Bison, at 4.14, Michal Klejna was assessed a Check to the Head penalty, receiving a 2+10. Thankfully, Bison managed to see off the minor penalty, with Michal obviously having to sit out the other 10mins in the box.

It wasn't the greatest start from the Bison, but George Norcliffe changed that, when at 8.40, he collected a cross ice pass from Tommy Ralph and skated in and managed to get away a backhand shot, that wriggled through Conor Morris's pads and into the net. This was the moment the fans had been waiting for, it was "Air the Bear" time and the teddies reigned down from the stands and onto the ice. After a short break to clear up the teddies from the ice (and there was a good number of them too!), it was back to the action.

Like I said, it wasn't the greatest starts by the Bison, but as the period went on, they did put Morris under a bit more of sustained pressure and at 16.42, that paid off. Bison Coach Ash Tait & Oscar Evans, both saw their shots saved by Morris, but Paul Petts followed up with a shot that found its way through and lit the lamp.

The period ended 2-1 to the home side.

The second period started much like the first, with Bison being unable to settle and take control. The Bison defence appeared to be very tentative. Invicta's short bench were making life quite difficult for our guys and at 28.42, Dynamos Man of the Match Owen Dell, scored his & his teams 2nd goal. Zosiak & Leone picking up assists on the goal.

Bison were making very hard work of this and at 30.12 it got even worse. Brandon Miles profited from a poor turnover, he skated in all alone & despatched the puck past Weller-Evans, to give the visitors a deserved lead. Lewis English picking up an assist. Their bench was ecstatic.

Bison immediately called their 'Time Out'. They just needed to get back to the game plan and cut out the silly mistakes that were occurring.

The guys returned to the ice and for a few minutes, that got back to what we expect and how we know they can play. But Invicta weren't being overawed. They created a few chances and almost increased their lead, when a Callum Best shot appeared to go in and then Dan Weller-Evans pulled off an amazing save to deny Miles. Bison created a couple of chances but Morris and his defence stood firm, so a the 2nd break, the scoreline surprisingly read, 3-2 to Invicta.

The 3rd period started and again the home fans were willing another "Herd in the 3rd" display. They got an early man advantage, when Stedman was given a Slashing call at 41.50. The Powerplay unit would only need 10secs to even the game up. From the face-off, a shot reigned in on Morris, he saved it came back out to Adam Jones, who picked out Klejna, who slapped an unstoppable shot past the floundering Dynamos netminder.

Bison were back in their stride and within a couple of minutes, retook the lead. Bison Man of the Match Michal Klejna passed to Tait, who in turn returned the pass into his stick and the Slovakian raced in alone, to fire the puck into the net and the home fans went mad. This in turn, made Invicta call their Time Out.

At 47.46, Dynamos Ryan Morgan was given a Hooking call. Bison went back on the Powerplay. Unfortunately, they couldn't score, but just as Invicta returned to full strength, Bison did snatch an insurance goal. Oscar Evans & Alex Sampford both testing Morris before the puck popped loose and Richard Bordowski was on hand to backhand the puck into the net. Time of the goal 49.50. Bison fans could breathe more easily now.

Invicta's Aaron Strawson took a Slashing call at 55.09, but their penalty killers did their job and they returned to full strength.

We entered the final 2 minutes of the game and that ran down. As the 'Great Escape" rung out from the speakers, I felt it was quite apt, because I think we did have one. Had it not been for the 3rd period domination again, we could've very easily slipped up against a lowly, but energetic Invicta side.