Slovakian overseas player Michal Klejna returns for a second season in the Herd uniform as exclusively revealed earlier today in the Basingstoke Gazette.

Klejna completes the Trane sponsored Basingstoke Bison overseas roster for the 2019 / 20 season and will once again ice alongside Richard Bordowski as our two overseas players.

31 year old, 6’1” tall Michal...
Basingstoke Bison - EPL Champions
27th of January 2019

GAME REPORT: Bison V's Streatham Saturday 26th January 2019

Final Score: Trane Basingstoke Bison 4 Streatham RedHawks 3 (OT)

By Nigel Simmonds

Ref: Pickett
Linos: Billins & Finch

MoM Bison: Morris
MoM Streatham: Beesley

Bison Stats: Norcliffe 1+1, Tait 1+1, Cowley 1+0, Klejna 1+0, Bordowski 0+1, King 0+1, Morris 0+1.

Nets: Mettam 24/3 (87.50%)

Streatham Stats: Roberts 1+1, Quiney 1+0, Webb 1+0, Jamieson 0+3, Farn 0+1, Siagris 0+1.

Nets: King 37/4 (89.19%)

PiMs: Bison 14 Streatham 8

With last Sunday's brilliant display/result in Bracknell still on most Bison fans minds, Streatham travelled to Hampshire to take on the Bison. Last time these two teams met it was in South London, with Streatham winning the game after a Shoot-Out. Bison would be looking for revenge for sure!

Bison came out hard & fast straight from the blocks. Their first major chance, was when Ash Tait setting up George Norcliffe in the slot, but his shot was gobbled up by Damien King. Soon after, Russ Cowley set up Alex Sampford, he cut inside and had time to pick his spot. The shot was good, but King got a glove on it and it went to safety.

The first penalty of the game saw Adam Jones take an Interference call, at 5.26. But from the restart, Streatham's Ryan Webb would join Jones in the box when he got called for Slashing, just 4 secs later.

Whilst 4-on-4, Bison had a great scoring opportunity when a 3-on-1 break forward almost opened the scoring. Adam Harding brought the puck forward & with King probably expecting the pass, Harding decided to shoot, however King saved and Tommy Ralph following up, just couldn't turn the loose puck into the net.

Both teams returned to full strength, but soon after Coach Tait, would get a High-Sticks call at 7.52. Bison would kill off the penalty.

Alex Mettam was called upon, when he made a superb double save at close range. Unfortunately, Streatham would open the scoring nearing the end of the period. A flowing move involving Siagis & Jamieson, lead the puck to land on Quiney's stick and he wristed a low & hard shot between Mettam’s five-hole. Goal timed at 18.51.

Just before the buzzer, Quiney was called for Slashing. Penalty timed at 19.30. The seconds ran down and at the end of the 1st Period, the score was 1-0 to the visitors.

The 2nd Period started with Bison still on the Powerplay, but they couldn't make the extra man count and Streatham returned to full strength. Every time Bison had a goal scoring opportunity, they found RedHawks goalie, Damien King in splendid form. I commented on how he was "seeing every puck, as big as a beach ball", making save after save, even if he saw the puck or not.

Thankfully I think it was 'commentators curse' on my part, as next shift, George Norcliffe picked up a loose puck, skated in and let rip, with a stunning strike. The puck going in off the underside of the bar & King never smelt it. An unassisted goal at 24.43.

Bison would take the lead at 31.14, when Norcliffe & Jay King set up Ash Tait and he backhanded the puck between Damien Kings pads.

Jay King would pick up a Roughing call at 36.09 and soon after, Richard Bordowski would put too much on a clearance from defence and the puck sailed over the plexi for a Delay of Game penalty, timed at 37.01. This gave Streatham a two-man advantage for just over a minute. They would tie the scoreline, when Alex Roberts finished top shelf at 37.34, with assists going to Jamieson & Farn.

Bison killed off the second penalty and returned to full strength. There was however just enough time for Bison to set up another scoring chance. Piling the pressure on the RedHawks net, Tait & Morris both had shots, but King saved both, but the defence didn't pick up Michal Klejna ghosting in at the back post and he smashed the puck past King with only 3 secs left on the clock.

It ended a really good period from the Bison. At the 2nd period break, Bison lead 3-2.

Into the 3rd period we go and it wouldn't be long before the Bison were shorthanded again...... Richard Bordowski getting called for Cross-Checking at 41.22.

From that penalty, Bison almost scored again, when Ashley Tait & Russ Cowley combined with a give & go pass, resulted with Ash having half a goal to aim at, he took an extra step and fired the puck... most Bison fans went up thinking he'd scored, but somehow Damien King scrambled across and pulled the puck from behind him to save it. What an unbelievable save it was and Tait showed his respect by tapping King on his effort.

Streatham's Ben Russell was next to take the skate of shame to the penalty box, when he got a Slashing call at 43.43. Streatham would kill the penalty and return to full strength.

Richard Bordowski was called for Roughing at 48.09, but how Pickett missed the RedHawks player holding Bordowski's stick is beyond belief. It certainly wasn't one of Mr Picketts best displays.

Bison returned to full strength, but a couple of minutes later, Bordowski was unbelievably again called for Roughing. It really appeared that Pickett didn't like Bordowski's style of play, but it was no more than Richard does, week in week out.

Just as the penalty finished and Bison returned to full strength, Streatham equalised. Ryan Webb waiting at the back door to stuff home the puck after Mettam had made a couple of good saves. Jamieson & Roberts assisting on the goal, timed at 55.32.

Into the last 5mins now and this game could still go either way. Bison would get a powerplay chance at 56.08, when Ryan Webb clattered into Michal Klejna at centre ice, catching him with a High Stick. Out came the PP unit, trying to get the go ahead & possible game winner, but King & his defence stood firm and killed the penalty.

The buzzer went for the end of the period and with the scores still tied, we were going into Overtime.

Overtime started with Tait, Cowley & Bordowski lining for Bison, whilst Streatham starters were Jamieson, Roberts & Farn. Cowley won the face off and he fed Bordowski, who skated in and got a shot off, but King turned the shot away. Bordowski followed the puck into the corner and drew 2 Streatham players into the corner with him, but he managed to wriggle free and in the blink of an eye, spotted Cowley unmarked in front of net. He passed the puck and Russ buried his one-timer past King, for the extra point and the "W”!!
Goal timed at 60.12.