The Trane sponsored Basingstoke Bison would like to thank the fans of the Herd for their continued great support of the ever popular Jersey "Own & Loan" scheme.

Out of the 75 jerseys available for the forthcoming season, we only have the following the jerseys available to own & loan:

Light Jersey

Bayley Harewood (P)
Sam Brooks...
Basingstoke Bison - EPL Champions
11th of March 2019

GAME REPORT: Bracknell Bees v's Bison Sunday 10th March 2019

Final Score: Bracknell Bees 4 Trane Basingstoke Bison 5 (OT)

Ref: Brooks
Lino’s: Cook & Olczak

MoM Bees: Vankleef
MoM Bison: Harding

Bees Stats: Vankleef 2+0, Doughty 1+0, Z Milton 1+0, Spearing 0+3, Mailink 0+1, Martin 0+1, Mogg 0+1, Thompson 0+1.

Nets: D Milton 27/5 (81.48%)

Bison Stats: Harding 3+2, Cowley 1+1, Sampford 1+1, Tait 0+2, King 0+1, Klejna 0+1, Ralph 0+1.

Nets: Mettam 33/4 (87.88%)

PiMs: Bees 30 Bison 88

The 6th and final league meeting between the teams this season. Bison currently hold a 4-1 lead in wins, going into this game. It would be another nail-biting game, and some of the poorest officiating I have seen.

Mr Brooks would drop the puck on this one. From the off, you could tell it was going to be a chippy game. A couple of late, high hits went uncalled, which really should've been and unfortunately that set the tone for the evening.

Bison took the first penalty (6.30), when Liam Morris, playing on D again, accidently flipped the puck over the glass, as he tried to clear the zone. From the resulting penalty, Bees would take the lead, through Zach Milton, assisted by Malinik & Spearing (8.15).

Thankfully, it didn't take long for the Bison to reply. Alex Sampford finding the net (10.06), with Adam Harding & Jay King assisting.

At 10.57, Danny Ingoldsby was given a 2+10 Checking to the Head penalty. From the restart (11.03), Josh Martin was given the same call, as he clattered Jay King into the boards.

Unfortunately, Bison couldn't make the man advantage count.

Brendan Baird was next to visit the sinbin, when he got called for Elbows (17.42). This time, Bison took full advantage, when Adam Harding buried the puck past Danny Milton (19.25), after good work from Ashley Tait & Michal Klejna.

That brought the 1st Period action to a close, with Bison leading 2-1.

The 2nd Period started & Bison's Josh Kelly got an Interference call (23.30). Soon after penalty had expired, Bees drew level, when Tyler Vankleef scored (25.40), with assists going to Martin & Spearing.

At 28.05, another little flashpoint over by the team benches. Sampford crunching Brendan Baird into the boards. Baird reacted, so both players went to the box. Sampford for Charging & Baird for Cross-Checking. 11 secs after the restart Stuart Mogg joined Baird in the penalty box, as he picked up an Interference call. Both teams returned to full strength.

At 31.32, Bison regained the lead on a delayed penalty goal. Joe Baird was called for Hooking, but before any Bees players touched the puck, Adam Harding scored, assisted by Tommy Ralph. But the lead would be short-lived. Vankleef picking up a loose puck and beat Mettam with a nice shot (32.13). Thompson & Mogg assisting the goal.

A nasty hit on Josh Kelly went uncalled and the young Bison D-man had to be helped off the ice and took no further part in the game.

At 36.56 and another nasty incident. Danny Ingoldsby adjudged to have Cross-Checked James Galazzi, but as Danny skated away, Galazzi double-handed slashed him across the back of the legs. How he (Galazzi) got away with a minor penalty is beyond me.

Soon after and Bison hit penalty trouble again. Michal Klejna getting called for Slashing, as he caught Doughty's stick, but on the delayed call, it got worse, as Ashley Tait made a clumsy check on the boards, resulting in a 2 + 10 Boarding call. Both calls timed at 37.47.

Neither team took advantage and the period ended with the scoreline at 3 Goals apiece.

Bees started the 3rd period with 56secs left on the powerplay, but Bison would kill it off successfully.

Bees however would take the lead (43.41), when Doughty fired the puck from an acute angle and it somehow beat Alex Mettam. Spearing with the lone assist.

Danny Ingoldsby would fall foul of Brooks again, when he got called for Holding (50.53). Bison saw off the penalty and returned to full strength. Time was running down and Bison were trying everything to get back into the game and find that all important tying goal.

With the game almost going into the final 2 mins & Bison still a goal down, referee Brooks decided he'd punish Bison. George Norcliffe hit Spearing from behind, but the Bees player greatly overreacted and made a lot more of it than he should. Not surprisingly, Brooks bought it. Norcliffe picking up a 2 + 10 Boarding call, but that started off a whole lot of separate incidents. A coming together between Joe Baird & Tommy Ralph, ended with both players receiving 10 min Misconduct penalties, but Ralph was also awarded a Game Misconduct for Abuse of Official. Michal Klejna also picked up a 10 Min Misconduct, so that left Bison worryingly short benched, with still a couple of minutes to play.

With 1.26 left on the clock, Bison managed to get Milton to freeze the puck in Bees zone and we used our Time Out. At the restart, Alex Mettam stood very high up the ice awaiting the call from the bench, to go. From the face off, he almost went, but with Bees in control of the puck, he started skating back slowly. Then a turnover by Bees in their zone and Mettam got the call.

Bison created a chance and Milton made a great save but couldn't cover the puck and Russ Cowley was on hand to bury the puck, to tie the game with a shorthanded goal (59.17). The travelling Bison fans & players celebrated their feat.

The game restarted and the remaining time wound down. So, for the second night running, the game was going to Overtime.

The overtime period started 3-on-3 and it wasn't long before Bison capped off a brilliant comeback win, when Russ Cowley set up Adam Harding and he fired the puck past Milton to win the game. Again, the Bison players & Fans went wild.